The last few days have been crazy, so that is how it is. I post when I can. I like it to be daily, but I am not going to stress over it. I LOVE Philosopher's Notes. (click here). I take them with me on trips and when I go walking. So much wisdom, so little time. That's what's good about them. You don't have to read an entire book to get some great ideas to improve your life. I just love the creator of them and he is a very generous person. I lost all my printed notes when we had our flood in February and he not only replaced them, he gave me every other product he has. He also gives out "scholarships."
So yesterday I was listening while I walked and I can't even remember which one, because I listened to two. But he was saying that in order to have a great relationship (and this can be predicted), there needs to be 5 positive interactions for every one negative. If you are in a friendship or relationship where there is mostly negative interaction, I have news for you. It's not going to last. The suggestion was to make sure that those YOU love have 5 positive interactions each day and he actually suggested 10. So, he wanted me to make a list. I can't make a list while I am walking. So here are 10 things I love about my most important relationship.
In no particular order.
*He is taller than me. Heehee. Very few people are.
*He is the most patient person I know.
*He looks good in jeans. I see him in them so rarely. Suits every day.
*Even when I am in the wrong, he is willing to apologize. (That I am in the wrong.) jk. Haha.
*He is amazingly wise. I like to seek his counsel.
*He has great hair!
*He is a most kind, and loving, and generous husband and father.
*He puts himself last. (I don't really love that, but I can appreciate it).
*He's a natural leader and would NEVER seek to lead.
*He's a great listener. (When we get a few minutes) :-)
BONUS: He's an incredible handyman. He can fix the struts on a car or build a house.
and that's just the tip of the iceberg. :-)
If you like this post, please share.

In no particular order:
ReplyDelete1. She is very beautiful.
2. #1 is magnified because she is on the inside even more beautiful.
3. She has such a desire to learn. I am amazed at her thirst for knowledge. Not just random unimportant things but knowledge that can be used to bless other people's lives, especially her family's.
4.She loves me.
5. She has a great relationship with our children, especially our older sons. I believe this will help them as they search for their own eternal companion.
6.She cares deeply for others and because of struggles she has experienced she is very empathetic to the struggles of others and genuinely desires to "carry one anothers burdens".
7. She has been very supportive of my many church responsibilities that has left her many times with the bulk of the family matters. She has done this without complaint. I can serve with full confidence that things are well at home. This is big.
8.She works very hard to help in the providing for our family especially with missionaries serving. She seems to thrive on being busy but it is still impressive.
9. She is very articulate. I am amazed at her ability to express herself especially in the written word. I know there are books inside her waiting to be written.
10. I am a more confident person because of her faith in me.