So, this finally finishes my Christmas posts about gifts. Better late than never. This darling girl was not originally planned for. We were pretty sure six was our magic number. I always let my desire for children lead, and one day, it hit me like a ton of bricks that there was one more! I had mixed feelings, but I am so glad we did add her to our family. She was my very easiest, pregnancy, labor, and delivery, and child. Please don't tell her siblings. She is known on this blog as the Arteest. When she smiles, which she does with her whole person, her eyes often disappear.
The year she was born, 3 of my sisters-in-law also had girls. She is right now visiting the oldest of the 4 who is being baptized this Saturday. I miss her terribly.
She is almost always cute. She has been a marvelous child. Nearly always happy and loving.
She drew this when she was 5. She's been amazing us since she was 3.
I wish I knew how to get her some art lessons.
Her "school" picture last year at the top of the Rockies.
She loves to dance and loves her big sister.
Olivia was born happy. Seriously, the day she was born, she did not cry until hours and hours later. Maybe it was all the hypnosis I used during my pregnancy. She is very mild mannered, laughs, and plays, and delights in life. She notices the little details about things. When she was 5 she wrapped a book for a present for a book exchange, and I was amazed at the creation she made, complete with reindeer with google eyes. I never told her where anything was. She just went to it, gathering what she found.
She goes through paper like nobody's business. About a ream a month. She loves to sing and dance, and be melodramatic, and the center of attention. At the same time she can play alone quietly. She is empathetic. For at least a couple of years, every time she has seen me cry, she goes and finds me tissue. I can now just basically put my hand out, and within a minute there will be a tissue in it.
She loves dolls, and kittens, and now puppies. She is a bright spot in our lives. She's named after my mother, Sylvia Olive. We are so grateful she is a part of our family.
If you like this post, please share.




No comments:
Post a Comment