Thursday, July 28, 2011

I am very thankful that I CAN lose weight

IAT = I am thankful

I've been misleading myself for years. I really have tried exercise, diet, and anything else I could thin of...dropping carbs, going without sugar, and so on. When I got back from California a few weeks ago, I had gained 4 more pounds! Trying to be good too. Sheesh! I don't like traveling for that reason.

I made a vow to be good for 30 days. 6 days a week exercise. Increase fruits and veggies, eliminate sugar, decrease fat and carbs. I should be at 10 pounds any day now. I was hoping to lose more quicker, but the last few days I've had nibbles of sugar. Grr. That slows me down. My progress is kept on the accountability page up there at the top of this page.

Like today. I had a green smoothie for breakfast. But, I so desperately wanted it to be creamy, so I made coconut milk and dumped it all in. However, my kids helped me "eat" it. I had V8 juice for lunch and some dried apricots. I had a snack of barbecue chicken pieces and then for dinner, a healthy piece of pizza, and a not so healthy piece plus a salad. Not too bad.

I usually have fruit or fruit slushy or fruit smoothie for breakfast. I think even that is probably too much sugar for me. I seem to be so sensitive. But, I am going to keep at it. I've only missed exercise twice in 3 weeks. I feel good overall about how I am eating. And I hope I get in five more pounds before my trip next week. :-)

Of course, with traveling, I'll probably pick that five back up. So, I need a plan! Hmmm.

Almost 3 years ago I gained 20 pounds over 2 months completely unexplainably. Dropping that would bring me great satisfaction. If I do or don't after that, I'm fine with it. So, only 10 more pounds. Or more. :-) I'm going to keep being healthy. Once I reach my goal, I'll drop my exercise down to three times a week.

If you like this post, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment