I don't know if you picked up on it or not yet, but I'm a Mormon. :-) In our church, you can go to any church in any city anywhere, and it's exactly the same. I know that today in Duncan, they had fast and testimony meeting. And I know what lesson they had in Sunday School. Things like that.
So, I went to church in Ladera Hills, Ca today and what do you know? Same stuff. Same music, different people, same great spirit. And what a story in their ward! This last week the Varsity Scouts went on a high adventure, 50 miler up in the mountains. They got stuck in a blizzard. Amazing tale of survival, spending the night in tents while the blizzard blew over. Soaked tents and boys, nearly freezing and near hypothermia. And they braved their way out of it. What a spirit! Very cool.
I love that even though I only knew my one friend and her family, I knew the formula. And, I'm really grateful I have had a chance to enjoy reacquainting with her and getting to know her family. Too fun. I wonder what we'll do tomorrow. :-)
If you like this post, please share.

No comments:
Post a Comment