Tuesday, July 5, 2011

IAT for "Old" roommates

IAT = I am thankful


This is Tiffany. It's the perfect name for her. She's definitely a Tiffany. For a very brief but important time in my life, we lived in a basement in Provo, Utah together. Tiffany was a ray of sunshine. A great cook, a better seamstress, and lots of laughter and fun.I'm so glad I banned myself to the basement and she and I were roomies.

You can see her hubby, Bishop Friendly aka Larry, in the background.

I knew Tiffany from the year before through another roommate I had. She needed a place to live only temporarily, but those few months we were roommates were lots of fun. Recently while contemplating getting out of the heat of Az, she sent me a note on facebook. That led to an exchange and before you know it, we were headed to California to beat the heat and have a visit. And I found Tiffany and Bishop Friendly to be mostly the same as they were 25 years ago. Eek!

They let us use their home as home base, as we went to the beach, visited my brother, and other family fun. But I so enjoyed visiting in the am and pm, getting to know her family, and especially sitting in their back yard on the 4th and watching the fireworks.  And the cookies and rolls certainly weren't bad either. :-)

Thanks Tiffany for reaching out. I'm so glad you did.

If you like this post, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment