Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thank you Mary


This is my friend Mary. I won't tell you a lot about Mary because she would probably be embarrassed and get mad at me. But I will tell you a little about her. I love Mary dearly. She is a wonderful friend. She lives life truthfully. You know if Mary is mad. You know if Mary is sad. You know if Mary is happy. You know what Mary thinks because she'll tell you. She's a gem in my book.

I consider myself a confident person, but Mary is fearless. Well, I know she's afraid of some things, but she doesn't let anything hold her back. She plunges ahead and does things that I am timid about. And when she decides I need to come along, well there's no stopping her. I come along! :-)

And she has a dang flippin' heart of gold. Mary has some amazing gifts which I will not tell you about. But one of them is that she is very empathic. It's like when there is a shift in somebody's universe who she loves, she KNOWS. It's pretty uncanny. I could tell you stories, but I need her permission. :-)

So, the last few weeks she has called me a couple of times. Once I was in a class. Once I was substituting. And the third time she left me a message. I'm such a blond that I could never remember to call her back. But when she left me the message I knew she was having her empath experience. She told me she had been worried about me for weeks and that she knew I was suffering. We finally did talk.

Well, suffering might describe it. I would say I have been careful and troubled about many things. But I am working through it and life is good and who can really complain? (I'm on day 4 with the purple bracelet again). But she's been fretting about me. When we finally did talk, we did not talk about details but she just so lovingly tended to me and cared about me even though she has her own things to worry about. It touched me so deeply.

Ok, I'm going to make a confession here. Most people think I am really busy. And in some ways I am. There are always days that I am running like crazy. But the average day, I am home alone creating busy-ness to keep from going crazy. I feel like I've almost become a recluse. It's kind of stupid. I've been pondering that and considering ways to be more social and to find others to serve. So, anyway I told Mary how I wasn't busy and was lonely and she started a plan of action which I am sure within no time will be carried out.

Mary is beautiful. I wish there were more Marys in the world. Thank you for loving and caring about me Mary. You are a true friend!

1 comment:

  1. Mary is simply amazing. I admit that I have taken her for granted but your blog has inspired me to tell her. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete