Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Thank you soldier

I haven't known any soldiers personally since my big brother served as a Marine. He was in during a time of relative peace in the mid 80s. I am so grateful that there was only one time in his years of service, that I worried about him.



We now have a young friend in the Army. He is The Beast's friend from High School. And he is serving in Afghanistan. I don't like thinking of him there. And I am sure his family likes it even less. But, we do think of him often, and we pray for him often, because he is special.

(I don't have a good picture of him...David?)

I know every family and true friend feels that way about "our" soldiers. Individually and collectively. Our hearts go out to our soldiers who are in harm's way, to their families, that live through the stress of deployment in dangerous situations, and to all who have lost someone who has sacrificed in such a selfless way. Happy Memorial Day. We remember and we honor those who are still in the service of their country and fellow man.

Thank you for your service big brother. And thank you for your service David.

No comments:

Post a Comment