Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 12--of love and shared interests

Today was Steeple Rock Stitchers day and I hosted. I spent four hours running around crazy cleaning my house. Now it's nice and clean for tomorrow. 6 ladies came and we shared our gifts and talents. They worked on their blocks of the month and I worked on bringing my mangled quilt back to loving favor.

I had such a nice time with those lovely ladies. They helped me remember how to make quilt binding, sew it on, and miter corners. I figured out how to get almost all the stain out. I trimmed the edge off, sewed the tear, and will finish by doing some applique. It will be 99% of normal. I am SEW happy. Haha.

It felt so good to be with good women talking about families and fun and quilt projects. I have been away from good social things for far too long. I think I'll do more of that. Focusing on what is right with me and mine and my interests.

Thank you so much to Marla, and Colleen, Merlene, and Joyce, Jennie Lou (thanks for washing my dishes!), and Sharlene. And little Kyla, my new best friend. What a delight! What a fun day. I am grateful for home making skills and the company of good women. And did I mention good food? Good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment