Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thanks for COOL weather

It's funny that every year, my big wish is that we can wait until May 1 to turn on the a/c. I mean electric bills are crazy in Arizona in the Summer. Our summer typically begins early to mid April. Spring is a misnomer in my mind. We get about 6 weeks out of it tops. And then it runs clear through until October. There are 3 season is Arizona.

But last year, for some odd reason, even though we had a few of our typical hot days early on, the temperature did not go up and stay up until almost June. It was WONDERFUL! And this year in April, it looked like it was going to heat up and what do you know, it's May and I've only had the a/c on a couple of times for a couple of hours. I am very happy about that. Especially since we have needed new a/c in half the house for five years now.

Thankfully the half with most of the bedrooms is not affected.

I went for a walk today at 10am!!! It wasn't even 80 degrees. I can hardly believe that. But, I'm just thankful. I'll take this cooler weather for as long as it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment