Saturday, May 7, 2011
Day 8--Thank you Family!
I just love my family. I am so grateful they are strong and independent. I am thankful that they support me when I go to things that are meant to make me a better person. And I am ever so much more thankful when I come home, and they have usually made the place better than when I left, and they are very happy to see me. I am so thankful, that when I cry, Olivia brings me tissues. I am grateful for Noah's sense of humor. I am thankful for Emily's happy, bubbly personality, and for Jefferson's willingness to help.
I am most grateful in the last few months that they are just plain there for me; including my two college boys and my missionary son. Lifting me when others knock me down, believing in me when others disregard my strengths and talents, and encouraging me to do right no matter what; to rise above all that is small and to be the best that I can be as often as possible. To put a smile on my face even when it seems impossible. To see the joy when I can't make sense out of things.
My older children are some of my best friends. Each of my children are my greatest joy. I am so blessed.
"A sentence from Psalm 101 has been both challenging and convicting for me: 'I will walk in my house with blameless heart' (Psalm 101-2, NIV). When God speaks to me about being more loving, this verse reminds me to make application in my family first—and then to others. It forces me to ask, 'Am I more spiritual, more loving, or more fun somewhere else? Who gets my best—my family or others?'"
-- Jean Fleming, A Mother’s Heart
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment