Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh how I love A/C!!!!!!



I have often said if I had to choose my favorite invention, it would be a/c. I dream of meeting the man/men/women/people/person who invented it. I am going to walk right up to him in heaven (because I am pretty sure the inventor could not go to hell or it would not be hot there) and give him a great big hug.

Since I live in Arizona, I often feel as if I'd rather be that nice cool polar bear on a nice little ice berg cooling off. The hot weather has been late in coming for the second year in a row. Hallelujah. I did not complain one bit about that. But alas, it is finally here. We have not gone over 100 yet, but today was close. We are in the 90s now, but it looks like Memorial Day will be perfect.

Anyway, our a/c went out in half the house 5 summers ago. We bought a room a/c for our family room. The living room is usually cool because it is under the porch, the kitchen is next to the dining room which has a/c, and only one bedroom upstairs is affected. So, we've limped along that way. We decided to give the portable room one to the girls and get a new window unit for the family room. The Bish installed it today.

"Oh joy! Rapture!" (25 points if you can name that movie, haha). That room even with the portable has been all but awful. The former one barely took the edge off. And there was a tube coming from it that you attach to the window that generated almost as much heat as we were trying to get rid of! Not this new unit! Within minutes, we knew we had a keeper. Oh so happy. I am cool as a polar bear on an ice berg. :-)

Now I simply go back to my Summer mode. Be the turtle. I stick my head out for mail, groceries, and church. And try to avoid going outdoor for almost everything else. How can I say this without complaining? I LOVE cool weather and 4 seasons! Now just say the opposite and that is what I mean to say.

Today, I am thankful for air conditioning. And I just googled it. Thank you Willis Carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment