Ok, this 365 days of thanks isn't just about thanking people. It's also about what I am thankful and grateful for. This is a thank you to someone in particular, but she knows who she is and details should be left out. I have had some pretty trying times the last while. And I'll leave it at that. There have been some pretty ugly things in my direction. Some of the ugliness has been things I have heard about myself. I am NOT giving details, so if you have comments please keep them positive. Or I may delete them. And don't assume you know what I am talking about.
I have often thought when I have heard particular things about me that do not begin to resemble me or what I think or how I choose to conduct myself or even what I have said, why doesn't this person just call me and ask? Why would this person spread such things about me? There is something I really believe and it goes like this. What YOU think of me is none of my business. So, if someone is a hater toward me, I don't really care on the surface. I am not going to go running around to every person who listens to all the gossip and try to correct it. It hurts. I'm only human, but I KNOW my divine worth, and someone's petty words and opinions will not change that.
Here's how I live my life. If I have a problem big enough that I feel I want to talk about it, I go talk to the person I have the problem with. Is it easy? Not always. But if it's important enough, I put on my big girl boots, say a prayer, take a deep breath, and go for it. Here's the thing. Relationships are the only thing that matters. Even casual ones are worth caring about. My mom killed herself over bad relationships. I refuse to be so small that I will let someone think that an issue is so much larger than a relationship. And sometimes, even the people I have shared that thought with, have disregarded it. No matter. Everything is for our good.
So tonight I got a phone call from someone I consider a friend. Even more so now, after the call. She had some concerns about something that involves me. She shared her concerns and I assured her I would do everything I could do to help be a contributor to solving the problem. I did not get on the phone or email or facebook and start talking to everyone I know about what happened. I've kept it to myself. Well, I'm sharing here, but in a very general way, of course. You know nothing from reading it. Haha.
The point is, my request to all no matter what side of something you may be on, is to deal one on one with people. There is a lot of ugliness in our community right now. It is what it is and I am not going to comment on where it's coming from, etc. But a lot of healing could happen if a) people would go to each other and b) if the one who is receiving the person with the complaint would at least be considerate, and c) use real leadership skills to brain storm, problem solve, and be workable and d) if everyone who is NOT a part of the problem, would mind their own business.
If the problem has nothing to do with you, STAY OUT OF IT, and KEEP YOUR BIG MOUTH SHUT. You have no right to an opinion of a problem between two people. I don't usually talk like this. It is COMPLETELY against my nature. I have known I was a peacemaker since I was 5 years old. It is second nature to me. So, I just don't get it when people can do nothing but gossip, slander, bad mouth and generally contribute to the worsening of any and all situations.
So here are some thoughts from some good books.
***But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36
***And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. 1 Timothy 5: 13.
Why not this instead?
***Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings. Doctrine and Covenants 108: 7.
Not this.
***For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man. Matthew 15: 19-20
And finally, in the end it does not matter. I am right with my God and I will rejoice in my reward.
***Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5: 11-12.
Enough said. Thank you dear friend for calling me! I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment