Saturday, June 4, 2011

I KNOW my body! And I'm thankful for it. :-)



We used to be avid Cosby Show fans. I loved little Olivia on the show. In the above clip, if you go to 5:30 and watch, it's one of my favorite clips. Makes me giggle. I wish I could embed it, but it won't.

I went for a longer walk than normal this morning, after my weekly Saturday phone call with some professional friends. One of them has recently had more than a hellacious experience physically and spiritually. Lest you think perhaps a spiritual crisis might come by one's own sin (and I know it can), this was not one of those cases. He and his family are stalwart and faithful. He used to be a bishop. His family feared for his life as he struggled with very serious symptoms. I was so glad to hear him today say that he was 90% back to normal.

It was also humbling to hear him share how he had gone to lunch with a friend and that friend had some serious family health problems as well. And my friend was so grateful for his own trials, because he recognized that there is always someone worse off than we are. As I headed out on my walk with so much ease, I was very grateful for this body I have.

There is NO WAY, you'll ever see it on the cover of a magazine (unless I am just simply rich and famous. :-) But, we get along just fine. I've had few physical challenges comparatively speaking. But as I walked, my feet could feel the pavement, my eyes could see the beauties of the desert, my ears heard the uplifting words coming from my ipod. I could feel the cool breeze and the warm sun on my face. By the time I got home, I was sweating and knew I'd had some good calorie burning. Yes, I love that I have a body to help me enjoy the simple things in life.

More than that, I can speak with my voice, think with my mind, love with my heart, and taste with my mouth. So many things we enjoy, we do because of our bodies. Well, I guess it all comes from that, except for what we feel within that is spiritual. But even so, I imagine we need our bodies for that too. Yes, I am very thankful for the spiritual and physical experiences in my life!
If you like this post, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment