Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Especially that beautiful face!


I am thankful for a lot of things today. For one thing, I have learned so much in the last five years. I am grateful that my children have been open to learning some of those things too. Both of my two oldest boys, have learned and internalized some of the concepts on their mission, and it has contributed to them becoming phenomenal missionaries. I don't take credit for that at all. Because no matter how often you tell someone something, unless their heart is open and receptive, it's only so much tinkling cymbals and sounding brass, if they don't use it for their benefit.

Yesterday was p-day, and I missed a letter from the Mish2. I don't know why he didn't write me. In fact, he wrote his brother a quick note and sent his dad one too. I told his companion to flick him on the back of the head. I thought maybe it got lost in transmission. Nope, he just did not write for whatever reason. It's happened before, so I wasn't too deeply disappointed. He has a lot of responsibilities and I am trying to cut him some slack.

So, this afternoon when I checked my email, I was happy to find a letter. It wasn't just a letter though. Besides some of the normal news I get, it was the most encouraging, grateful, uplifting, you-are-wonderful-mom kind of letter, I've ever received. It touched my heart so deeply.

Another thing I've taught my children is EFT. He reported that after telling him of a recent very satisfying success, he decided to take what he remembered and apply it to a challenge that he keeps telling us he has, but he does not elaborate. I was very gratified to hear, that what he remembered must have been accurate, because after 21 months of struggling with this problem that I know nothing about, he reports it's no longer a problem. HOORAY!

I am at the tail end (I hope) of a very long trial that has tested me in ways I hope to never repeat. I think looking back, I have been very near depression as it has been something I have mostly had to keep to myself, suffer alone, and lean almost completely on divine help. I have doubted myself, doubted who I could trust, doubted more than I ever wanted to. I have been less social than I ever have in my life, kept to myself, and I have not shared 1% of it with my dear Elder Christopher because it's not good for them to hear and it's not good for them to know when a struggle is so severe.

But, oh how I am thankful for that face and his dear and kind words to me!!! He gave me several examples of things I have taught him that has blessed his life. And the reminders bless me. He wrote some beautifully meaningful praiseworthy things to me, some of which I don't feel I am so deserving of. And they are too special to put here. It's one of those things you keep and ponder in your heart. Suffice it to say, that he compared me with someone I really admire in the scriptures and have always wanted to be like. It was the best compliment I could ever receive. And I will continue to strive to be like that, so I will not disappoint that beautiful face behind the smile. Oh how I love him!

If you like this post, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment