Here are the definitions for rest that I think apply.
verb /rest/
rested, past participle; rested, past tense; resting, present participle; rests, 3rd person singular present
rested, past participle; rested, past tense; resting, present participle; rests, 3rd person singular present
- Allow to be inactive in order to regain strength, health, or energy
- - her friend read to her while she rested her eyes
- Be based on or grounded in; depend on
- - the country's security rested on its alliances
- Place hope, trust, or confidence on or in
- - she rested her hopes in her attorney
- Belong or be located at a specified place or with a specified person
- - ultimate control rested with the founders
When I was in high school, I was in the women's choir at first. We were called the Chansons. Later I became a member of the Varsity Choir. I tried out for All state choir with this song. I think. It was suggested to me by my choir director, and I loved it even then. I was happy to receive excellent marks and make All state, although I never went on to participate because of another conflict. But this morning, these words came back to me over the years. I do not resonate with evil doers. I think most people are doing the best they can. But the words and music were a blessing to me this morning. I can regain strength by being grounded in, placing my hope in, and belonging to my Savior, Jesus Christ. What a comfort. I know He knows my heart's desires and through him, I will see them realized. And I will wait patiently and rest in Him.
O rest in the Lord, wait patiently for Him,
And He shall give thee thy hearts desires.
Commit thy way to Him, and trust in Him,
And fret not thyself because of evil doers.
O rest in the Lord, and wait, wait patiently for Him.
Felix Mendelssohn
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment