So, I've been a student of self-improvement books for many, many years. Parenting, health, marriage, self, etc. The first self help book I read was off my dad's bookshelf in high school. Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. That book really shaped my approach to dealing with people. I read Zig Zigler books, Og Mandino, and more.
The last five years or so as I discovered the wonderful EFT, I also came across lots of spiritual books that have helped me to hopefully continue to grow. Books like Leadership and Self-Deception, The Peacegiver, Remembering Wholeness, Loving What Is, and about a hundred others. Not to mention the very cool Philosopher's Notes, Leslie Householder, Kirk Duncan, and other great people I am meeting and learning from. In all of that, I discovered something called Master Mind groups. Here's the first article I could find about that and I haven't even read it. But I am too lazy to explain it. http://www.passionforbusiness.com/articles/mastermind-group.htm
So, I decided I wanted to do that and keep growing. I now belong to a very small group. There are 2 healers, a doctor, and an author. I'm the only girl. But, I think we have another girl joining (another healer). Anyway, for almost the last two years, we've been meeting almost every Saturday morning at 6 or 6:30am to discuss books, uplifting topics, learn techniques of writing, business, accomplishing, and helping each other to grow and solve the problems we come upon. We encourage each other and try to inspire one another to go after our dreams. It really is an awesome thing, minus the getting up early on Saturdays. :-)
It's been amazing. And it helps me to try to be better than I am because I feel an obligation to the group to do my best and to myself. I have been grappling with a question for the last week or so. The question is private. I have a ton of gratitude to my friend who helped me verbalize the question. It was formulated from life events I've been struggling with for some time. And she helped me discover my core belief, which is "I find value in every relationship and live my life with no regrets."
Today one of the healers was leading the discussion and we were talking about a book called the Power of Love. The discussion turned to one of the chapters on Feeling Frequencies and then some of my concerns and questions came out. Without sharing details of my situation, but understanding where I was coming from, the 2 men on the call this morning really helped me walk through, talk through some of the things that have been weighing me down.
And then the answer to my question popped right through. And it makes so much sense to me.
Usually each week we share our wins for the week. I came this week feeling like I had none. But by the end of the call, I recognized several. I am so grateful for the turnaround in my thinking, all because a question was answered. I really appreciate the insights of the men in my Mastermind group. A big thank you to them.
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment