rest, good food, SS messages, testimony, silence
grat·i·tude
ˈɡradəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
noun: gratitude
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
"she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support"
| synonyms: | gratefulness, thankfulness, thanks, appreciation, indebtedness;
recognition, acknowledgment, credit
"Chip was miffed by his nephew's lack of gratitude"
|
It's funny, this practice of being thankFUL. I've been at it on and off for ten years now; being grateFUL on purpose. I always start my blog posts with 5 things I am thankful for because it's a reminder that there is so much to be thankful for. My last few years have been spent practicing gratitude in the midst of trial. I am getting better at it. 2 steps forward, 1 step back. It's amazing the little nuances to learn about being grateful. You can read a few of my other posts here.
PREVIOUS thoughts about Gratitude
Or just search my blog for terms like thankful, grateful, gratitude. I've written about it A LOT.
I know these things already, but it is so helpful to keep having experiences that teach me it is so. Almost two weeks ago, I went to a lunch class that my doctor was teaching. I wasn't originally going to go because the topic was one I felt I understood and I wondered if I had the time in my day. But realizing that not having the time, meant I should probably take the time anyway, and that I always enjoy what he has to teach, I went. The topic was mindset, how to have a proper one for making changes in your life. I took a few notes and was glad I had been uplifted for the day. Especially learning about the energy of the heart and how it creates a field that interacts with others. Then he asked for a volunteer. Well, no one was jumping so I raised my hand.

He taught us that our heartbeat coherence is rarely equal. There are differences between each beat and it has a lot to do with our stress. He asked me (knowing much about me) what was my most difficult real estate transaction at the moment. Well, I went right "THERE" and told him that was easy, because I could practically see the place from his office. Details don't matter but immediately I was thinking of all the challenges that house had brought me in over a year since listing it and my greatest desire was to sell it to help the circumstances of the owner. Well the red bar that ISN'T shown, immediately began rising, up and up. And the green bar was very low.

I felt stressed and anxious to a degree, just thinking about it without saying a word about it. I know all about the power of thoughts, the little receptors on the end of every nerve cell that respond whether we have a positive or negative attitude. But he caught me off guard. And things had been going SO WELL. :-)
The next thing he instructed me to do was to look at the blue bar, which on his screen was moving up and down regularly, and to breathe in and out with it, and as I did so, to think of things that made me happy. To think of things that brought gratitude. To focus on things that would bring me a good feeling. Well, like I said in another post, I'm no newbie to gratitude. I know which words and thoughts have the most powerful affect.

For one thing, there is the heart math institute that teaches all about heart coherence and how the mind is not the only thinking center. The HEART is as well. Such cool work and studies being done there. Not only that, I learned from Masaru Emoto, the power of our words on the physical plane. In his book The Hidden Messages in Water, I learned that every word we speak is a blessing or a curse on water, and ultimately our own health. I learned that LOVE and APPRECIATION have the most blessed response on water molecules.
So I started breathing in and out to the blue bar and I began praying and feeling gratitude. Why did I pray? Well, first I believe in prayer and second there's that whole ho' oponopono thing. (Click on those words, scroll half way down the page for an amazing story) The hoodawhata? It's a Hawaian healing practice. I figured if it could heal a ward full of psychos, it could do me some good and I've used it on occasion. So I changed up his instructions just a little bit. Instead of thinking of things that made me happy or grateful, I started praying over this house.

I blessed, loved, thanked, said I was sorry, and asked for forgiveness over my stressful thoughts and feelings. Then I began repeating the words from another technique, Infinite Love and Gratitude over and over. All the while, breathing in and out. Then something amazing happened. If I had been sitting in church, I'd say, I began to feel the Spirit welling up within me, but since I wasn't sitting in church, I equated it with peace. I felt my heart and chest fill with joy and peace. And it felt great! On the screen, everyone took note of the fact that my green bar was heading up, up, up and the red bar had decreased significantly. Dr Drew explained that the more we practice this technique, the more our response to things can go from being stressful to feeling peaceful. Well, that's a pretty awesome promise, so I think I need to practice this as I go to bed every night!
Then he showed how the whole thing worked with a little guy about aged 4 that was in the class. So easy for them to shift and move into that happy space! We adults are all weighed down by filters, negative experiences, and our opinions of what life is "really like."
If I had left with only having a peaceful feeling, it would have been great. But something happened I did not expect. The very next day, a miracle began with the very house I was stressed about. Another agent called me to say he was showing the house. Within 2 hours, he sent me an offer on the house. Not only that, the offer was such that it was THE MOST OPTIMAL circumstances that house could have had. We countered and reached a positive conclusion for everyone. Two WEEKS later, we'll be closing any day. But I marveled over the weekend, that this happened less than 24 hours after my heart coherence exercise, and then it hit me!!! The exercise and how I chose to address it, in that moment as I came to the realization that it wasn't bringing me gratitude or joy, completely HEALED the situation I was in!!!! I am still a bit dumbfounded.
I realize anyone reading may just think it's a crazy coincidence. But I truly believe that consciously practicing the virtue of gratitude while praying and bringing in other principles I knew to be true, had a direct influence on the outcome. I have done EVERYTHING I could think of to put that house in the best possible position to sell, but it just didn't. I did the exercise with no expectation of a change in outcome, but how it changed the outcome!!! I'm so grateful. For those who may think, well you just wanted to get paid. I could have actually forced another offer that was lingering to come in, and I would have been paid double. But the one that showed up was perfect for the situation. There was no amount of money that would make it worth it to me, to turn down that perfect manifestation.
I know that reading the links in this post will be time consuming, but I really hope you will consider reading them. I may do some other posts on those subjects just so people have a clearer view of them, but for now, I testify that gratitude really CAN change everything. I invite you to try it.
If you like this post, please share or comment.
Can't wait to read the links!
ReplyDeleteGood stuff. :-)
ReplyDelete