PROJECT CENTRL
So, this is my brand new opportunity. I spent way too much time last year saying I was bored and lonely. Life seems to have taken care of that anyway. But because I did not have too much to do at the time, and a friend of mine recommended me for this program, I decided to apply for it. It is a rural leadership program, training well, leaders in rural Arizona to do a better job of leading. We will study personal skills, Arizona issues, political considerations, legislation, agriculture, and I am sure a whole lot more that I don't even know yet.
For the next year, I will attend 6 monthly meetings, and then in May, we will go to Canada for a 5 day trip to study and learn and experience their issues. We includes only 21 people in the entire state chosen for the group. I feel pretty honored to be a part of it. We are class XXI. THe second year, we will have 6 more monthly classes (we get summers off), and then culminate with an 8 day trip to our nation's capitol. How great is that? What an opportunity for me.
Our first meeting was 2 weeks ago. I met and spent 2 1/2 days with the other 20 people in my class. We had a lot of fun and spent a lot of time learning about different personalities and how to get along with them. This will be pretty critical over the next two years as we tackle issues that can be very divisive. I appreciate, particularly with problems I have had in the past, that it was emphasized that because issues are divisive, it does not mean we cannot be respectful.
In addition, I will be expected to come up with a project that is of benefit to my community. I have some ideas and hope I will be able to create one that will have a lasting impact. So, that is going to be a major part of my extra curricular life the next two years. I am so excited to meet and understand and become friends with so many new people. For the fun and networking it will inevitably brings. And who knows? It may shape my life in ways I never imagined.
And here is where I have to say thank you to the most supportive and encouraging husband and children on the planet. I could do nothing without them. They mean the world to me and I am so grateful they are willing to let me experience this opportunity.
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment