Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It can't be that SIMPLE!



Two years ago, right after Andrew went in the MTC, I began gaining weight. A lot! For me anyway. In a very short time. From November to January 1, I gained 25 lbs. I already know what you are going to say. Well it was the holidays! You just over did it. Nope, that's not it. I'm a little OCD about my scale. I don't know why. I want to stay at a healthy weight, and because I fluctuate easily and often, I watch it.

By December 1st I had gained 8 lbs and was worried. So, I nibbled my way through Christmas. I would have small portions, single bites, and I just kept gaining! When I hit Christmas with the gift of 20 new pounds, I was not a happy camper. I was completely convinced it was my thyroid because I had had symptoms for years and years but all my blood tests were normal. I read a book that convinced me more, sent it to my Dr and tried to be nice and I demanded treatment. (I am now convinced it was other hormonal problems)

I felt better, but I did not lose weight. So, I've done all the little things I have done over the years to lose weight and NONE of it has worked. Except one thing. I just did not want to do it. I love everything whole grain. Bread, cereal, muffins. I don't usually use white flour. I like crackers, and brown rice, and whole wheat pancakes. It's all comfort food for me. Healthy right? Carbs! Ugh!

Long ago, I had some pretty severe health problems related to Candida. I solved that problem AND LOST THIRTY POUNDS by going on the Yeast diet recommended in the Yeast Connection. I felt great! All my health problems went away. And I lost THIRTY POUNDS! Did I mention that?

So, some friends are having a biggest loser contest, but I don't have enough to lose to want to compete, but my son is coming home and I'd like to get back to a healthier weight. 20 pounds would be so satisfactory. More would be icing on the cake, and I am having cake when it is over! Well, I don't like cake, so I'll have pie. Or ice cream. Or popcorn. LOL. I eat healthy all the time, so once it is off, if the past proves true, it should stay off. (You might be asking how history would prove if it hadn't repeated, meaning it hadn't proven? I always gained weight with babies, but I am not having those anymore.)

A friend posted on her facebook a story about her sister who was on a special diet. It seemed pretty similar to Atkins only no high fats! High protein, low fat, lotsa veggies. Only you have to go to a medical expert and pay hundreds of dollars a month. Well, I have not been studying nutrition and diets for all these years (I wish I had a degree) for nothing! I developed my own. It's basically the yeast connection diet. No grains, sugars, or fruit PERIOD. At first.

Later, small amounts can be added back. And since I stealthed out the details of this diet my friend's sister is on, I'm following those guidelines with my own foods. Ta da! Results? 8 days...8 lbs. I'm doing very gentle exercise. T-tapp and walking for a few weeks. Then, I'll go back to running.

All right, I realize you may be asking more, more, give more details. If anyone is even reading. Ha! Protein and veggies ONLY. I have two eggs every morning. Sometimes boiled, sometimes scrambled or in an omelet with veggies. It's boring, I know. Get over it. I did have an egg Mcmuffin one morning, sans muffin. Lunch is usually a big salad with some kind of meat. You can convert things however you like. Just use your noggin. For example, my hubby makes AMAZING carne asada tacos. We had those Saturday. I make a bed of lettuce and put all the toppings on. No shell. It was great! I am using small, I said SMALL, amounts of cheese. Dinner or lunch can be soup, or plain meat and veggies. You're smart, you'll figure it out if you're motivated. Oh, and protein drinks. That really helps mornings a little too. I like the NOW brand sweetened with Stevia.

I am THIRSTY all the time, so I am drinking lots of water. My pants are loose for the first time in YEARS! My tummy is getting very flat. I am feeling good about my prospects, and I love weighing each morning. I have to admit, I even cheated a couple of times. Because of all my study, I know how to cheat right. I had a HUGE bowl of ice cream on election night to celebrate my loss. Haha.

I ate a tiny bit of cake on my hubby's birthday. And yesterday after fasting for the day, I ate everything I wanted for one hour. Results, no loss, but no gain. I admit, it's not so simple to give up grains. My kingdom for a cookie! Oh wait, I had three on Sunday. :-) But, EFT takes care of all that. I actually have not used it. But I am going to this week. Cravings gone! Losing weight! Happy camper. Simple.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Keep it up and you'll be a skinny version of yourself by Christmas and no one will recognize you, thus you won't get any gifts (ha ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think something like this will be the answer for me, too. There's no way I'm doing it in this foreign country though.

    ReplyDelete