For increased understanding.
We were reading in Philippians 4 as a family this morning. Bret read the following verses which I am more than familiar with. One is a top favorite for me, but as he read the words, a light bulb went on in my head.
11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Paul wrote this letter from PRISON to his friends in Phillipi. He speaks of rejoicing, caring for one another, bring thankful, receiving peace, and their care of him. He wanted them to know his suffering was acceptable and he was content in his opposition, because of the strength he received from Christ! His final words are to tell his friends that ALL of their NEEDS will be supplied.
What an amazing comfort!
I've had it all wrong. I really DO believe Jesus Christ can help you do, be, and have all that you dream of. CAN is the operative word. I've found He often does just that. However, it's a much more comforting idea to me that he will be with us in every trial, every need, like Paul, teaching us to be content in any circumstance. Indeed, I've experienced that as well.
I testify that He knows our need and He is our Supply in those times of need. I'm so grateful I can do all things through Him; whether abased or abounding, hungry or full, suffering or prospering.
If you like this post, please share or comment.


No comments:
Post a Comment