For lots of good thoughts
and inspiration
answered prayers It's funny when I read these later, I don't know what they mean.
exciting NEW things
for being a Nanna
This time through the Book of Mormon I am loving and appreciating Nephi more than ever before. He was living the SAME experience as everyone else, but he was having a much different experience than his older brothers. Over and over again he expresses his faith, obedience, and ATTITUDE. I think the first evidence of the differences is in 1 Nephi 2: 16. His heart needed softening like his brothers, but unlike his brothers he prayed for answers to his questions.
I LOVE this article about the pattern Nephi teaches us; a pattern for asking and receiving. Well worth the read.
OBTAINING THE BEST GIFTS FROM HEAVEN
Last week I had lesson 5 on Hearkening and Giving Heed. But the thing I picked up that I thought about a lot, was how many times just in 1 Nephi, the Lord tells Nephi that He is going before them and preparing a way, knowing what they need. He does that for us too. And I love that thought! Here are just a few references. The word prepare is used at least 82 times in the Book of Mormon. Because I kept seeing it repeated, it caught my attention.
The famous one:
1 Nephi 3:7
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.
1 Nephi 10:18
18 For he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.
1 Nephi 17:13
13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led.
And my favorite:
I hope I remember to post what I learn each week, because I want to remember it.
1 Nephi 9:6
6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.
If you like this post, please share or comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment