For my high spiritedness.
For my goofiness.
For my willingness to roll with the punches.
For my teachableness.
For my willingness to share what I learn.
You know, sometimes it's just important to recognize your strengths. :-)
Because I have lots of weaknesses. I think I have a tendency to be gullible. Hopefully my brother is not reading. Because he has tales to tell I'm sure. But over the years, I have gained more wisdom. At least I hope I have.
Bret and I were counting the other day, and we got way past ten as the number of network marketing companies we had joined. Ok, it might have even been 20. And we finally developed a motto for any Network marketing company that we had no interest in product or business. "We don't do drugs, porn, or network marketing." :-) If you're friends are doing this:
then you know you've joined one too many. Fortunately after the first few, I quit making a list of my "circle of influence" because there was no way I was going to approach my friends anymore. Aaaaand, the last decade at least, if I joined a network marketing company, it was because I loved the product, I am cheap and refuse to pay retail, and if I thought it could help someone, I just told that someone. I didn't go throw up on all my family and friends. I think that is why I still have some good relationships, haha.
But, I want to explain myself anyway. The most successful company I ever joined that actually made me money, less all the fun stuff I bought, was Close to My Heart. But, I'm not sure I ever signed anyone up. I just had scrapbook parties. That was very fun. I currently belong to The AIM Companies. They produce a product called BarleyLife, and I love that product for the miracles it has done for some of my friends with cancer. I take Barleylife on and off.
I also belong to Doterra. I really thought that would be a part of my business, but it seems like every corner has a doTerra consultant, and I just love the products. They are truly some of the best, most amazing I've ever experienced! I use them nearly daily. I took a product for at least six months, hoping it would be the thing that helped me reach new weight goals. But after a lot of time and money, it did not help me with that goal and everyone I suggested it to, did not have great results. There are a lot of people out there that seem to be having results, just not very many people I know.
But I'm too stubborn to give up. So, I was approached by a very friendly lady with a proposition to partner up with products and coaching and I told her multiple times, I don't do that network marketing thing, but I'll try the products and help you train your people. This past year I read a bit about intermittent fasting. They had a cleanse product that could be used with fasting. I did a nine day cleanse and dropped 8 pounds! Wow. I've dropped nearly 7 more. Now I want to see if I can help others do the same.
So I am beginning a health program combined with coaching. And it will be a long term part of my business. But I'm not going to tell you about it here. You'll find out. And I think the real reason most people fail in network marketing, is they expect to be that standout success that they've heard about. When it doesn't happen when they run out of friends and family hiding from them, (after...less than 100 days) they give up. I think more people could succeed if they just kept going. So, if you have one you really like and believe in, stick with it.
And if you want to know about any I mentioned, let me know. That's what I'm up to. And you'll hear more for sure.
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment