Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Trip Began

IAT = I am thankful

for a lifetime opportunity that changed my life.
to have walked where Jesus walked.
that I can walk as He walked.
that He walks with me.
that I am His hands.

We left Wednesday to go pick up the Jester from the airport, coming in from Denver, and the next morning we took an early shuttle to the airport and headed to NYC.



We got to JFK after 4pm and were SUPPOSED to fly out by midnight to Tel Aviv. But, Delta pulled a switch and we ended up flying out at 5am the next day. So, some of us decided to go into the city and eat. Some went to a play.


I was too tired for a play and hadn't planned on it anyway. I'm a planner. If a loose planner. But I like having a plan. It was very humid in NYC, the subways were complicated, but everywhere we went, nice people were willing to show us the way. I got to explain to a Jehova's Witness what a dry heat is really like. (Hint: stick your head in a hot oven). I was pretty weary when I got back after 11pm, and so were some others, waiting out our flight.





I don't think I slept an hour in the airport. But the huge plane we left on to Israel, Bret and I had a whole row of five seats to ourselves, so we slept pretty well on the way over and landed late at night and went straight to our hotel in Jerusalem. The Olive Tree.





And that was the end of days 1 and 2. Day 3, we hit the ground running, and never stopped till almost the end. And since it's late, I'll post the highlights of the marathon a few days at a time. My first big disappointment in Israel was no free internet. If it was just keeping up with home, no big deal. But we left our house unrented/unsold and lots of real estate business that needed tending and following. And ATT told me a fib and I couldn't even keep up with home the way I planned. So, I just sucked it up and paid for internet. :-)

If you will follow the links throughout my posts, you'll learn as much or more than we did there. I hope you'll enjoy my walk through Israel.



If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment