Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday DEAR CHRIS-topher

IAT = I am thankful

1. Birthdays to remember and celebrate.
2. My beautiful second son.
3. The blessing of children.
4. New goals.
5. A sold house.

Today is my wonderful son Chris' birthday. I think I should write about all of my kids on their birthdays. So, I am.

 Only two months old

His best friend. I never regretted having them 15 months apart.


 Sweet cheeks


 Doing his favorite thing

Still best friends

 So grateful he loves me

 Always good to his siblings
Such a handsome man

One of the funny things I remember when I was expecting this wonderful child, was that we had one baby boy. And he was still a baby. And it was amazing to me how much love I had for that little baby boy. And I wondered if it was possible to love another one that much. I shouldn't have worried. In real life, all things being equal, love multiplies. Where 1+1 should =2, it doesn't. 1+1 feels like 10. So imagine how 7 feels.

I wanted to name him Christian, but as was the case several times with my children SOMEONE, (the bish) didn't like the name. So I insisted on Christopher, which means Christ Bearer. He is an example of the believers and some of the attributes he shares with his Savior are, humility, charity, love, obedience, faith, endurance.

He was a very energetic little guy as a boy. Some days he truly wore me out, but his enthusiasm and energy always came out in a happy way. We have lots of pictures of him with a big smile pasted on his face. He still smiles warmly and broadly and it lights up my world.

The RM, as he is currently called, is still so much fun to be around. He's loved by his friends and siblings. He has always had a heart for the plight of others. He has dreams and he's pursuing them. He has taken to success principles and I know because of it, he will be a great success. He has a forgiving heart.

 One of my very favorite things about this beautiful boy is how unashamedly he loves his family. I remember when he was in high school, and there would be a need for me to come to the school, if he saw me, rather than ducking behind the building or going back inside so he didn't have to be seen with me, he'd come RUNNING across campus, calling out to me, give me a big hug and often planting a kiss on my cheek. I have always wondered at that. He's never been embarrassed to show his affection to me, and still does.

He always felt bad for the underdog. His heart is so tender for others in trouble. I LOVE that about him.

He wants to know what he is doing with his life so he can go for it. When he got off his mission, he said words to the affect, "I don't want to waste time trying to figure out what I'm doing, get my schooling done, make money, and THEN find a wife. I want to find her and get married!" I was surprised by that, but he has been in pursuit of that goal, and when a young woman seemed to be hesitant to that idea, it was simply..."NEXT!" We think maybe that pursuit is almost over. :-)

I could go on for a very long time, but will finish with one more. He's always had an athletic ability, but for whatever reason was overlooked in sports. I don't know how or why that happens. He's only had one coach in his whole life, who saw him as a senior, saw his ability, and knew he could do something with it. He became one of the star players on his team in basketball his senior year, when previously he had mostly sat the bench. The following year, we were all surprised when taking a basketball class at the college, the coaches asked him to try out. And he made the team. I doubt basketball will be a permanent part of his future, but I've never seen someone so in the spiritual moment of basketball through his teens. What I mean by that is he seemed to be playing basketball in every moment. When he wasn't actively engaged in something else, he had a real or imaginary ball in his hand and he was scoring. I think the coach was only the vehicle for what he had already created in his mind.

And all success is like that. We create it spiritually in our minds and hearts, and then it moves into our physical space. Most of my teen years I dreamed of a happy marriage and family. And now that is a reality in my life. As long as I stay in the spiritual reality, I believe it will continue to be a physical reality.

Well, I'm off track. Christopher, and you will always be Christopher to me, I love you so dearly. Thank you for coming into our lives. And happy 22nd birthday. I love you!
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment