Originally, I wanted to write a post about how Latter-Day Saints ("Mormons") feel about grace. Except, as I listen to my peeps talk about grace, I find I disagree sometimes with what they say they believe. Not because they are wrong, but because of the emphasis. And this emphasis breaks down into a semantics problem when "Mormons" and other Christians talk about grace. We tend to get caught up in the works thing and what it actually does or does not do for us. Can I state unequivocally here that "Mormons" believe in grace. It is THE ONLY THING that saves us. Works are necessary. They come from the heart. They don't save us. There. I said it.
We had a great talk in church yesterday by Brother Richins about grace, and I agreed completely. Anyway, I thought I had given a talk about grace, and found my talk on Easter, which is actually completely woven with the concept of grace, but not explained or defined. So, I posted that on the articles/talks page. It's titled Easter and was given, I think in April of 2007 in our local ward.
But, I also decided to go to www.lds.org and look up the topic of grace and the first article I read was exceptional. You can read that here. I think it is an excellent and thorough explanation of the LDS belief in grace. I really enjoyed it. I hope you will too.
If you like this post, please share or comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment