

This week I had two happy surprises. A few days ago I got this picture from the mission President, and a few others, with a letter saying Elder Norton had arrived safely. I think it is a very nice picture.
The last few days, I have been feeling a little teary with Andrew not being here. We went to see the Mark Mabry exhibit/photos/music and it was beautiful. We were listening to the gifted piano player and I started to say to my husband, "I wish Andrew could be here to hear this," but I only got as far as "I wish" and then the tears. I tried three times, but just could not choke it out. Then shopping made me homesick for him. Well, I am sure I'll get over it.
So, today I thought I would do a quick check of my email and I found this wonderful picture of Elder Norton with all that lovely snow in the background, plus a few more. A lovely family by the name of Kesler had five elders, including mine, and two sisters I think, for Christmas Eve. They took pictures, had a gift exchange, fed them, and let them watch Lion King. It warmed my heart to know that right then, he was watching Lion King. I cried of course. I was so grateful to these lovely people, that I am going to do the same thing tomorrow when we have the Elders over. Take pictures and send them to their parents.
Now, off to make surprises for the other little people I love. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment