

Olivia is a pretty special little girl. She has a magnetic personality. People are drawn to her. She is artistic in nature, singing, dancing, and drawing. She is my little arteest. She says things like her dance teacher reported to me: They had a party at her house on Monday and Olivia climbed under her tree, and said, "Look, I am your Christmas present." When her teacher asked her if she could stay with her at her house since she was her present, Olivia said, "I don't think my daddy will let me."
I have been amazed at the artwork she produces at this age. She designs dresses, draws recreations of events in our home and you can tell what they are. Some of my other children were drawing circles with the arms coming out of the side at age five. But she comes up with lovely ideas and puts them on paper. Here is her latest. I wrapped the present that she was taking to her party today. It's a book for and exchange. Now, while I am thrilled that the book is even wrapped, and I consider it a great day if I get something done beyond feeding the masses, she realized that this package needed something special. I came in only a few minutes after I wrapped it, to find her creating the special, what should I call it, tag, that is on the package. At that point she had the head with the google eyes and the antlers taped to the head and on the package. Of course, I knew what it was immediately. She had taken the pipe cleaners off something she got at school and I am not sure where she got the eyes, and she drew the rest and taped it on.
My children teach me every day. I am stunned by how wise they are. Olivia teaches me that beauty is in the details and even in our busy lives, it is worth the time to slow down and make something special. I just love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment