
So, I stayed up too late last night. But, I was thinking. I'll get up for family scriptures, convince one of the kids to pull out my pancake mix and fix pancakes and go back to bed. Haha! One of my little motto's I have made up along the way is, life gets in the way of living. I get these grand plans and then something sidelines it. That's ok. Life is about learning, but I really want to sleep.
Soooo, got up for scriptures, kids went to feed pigs while I groggily pulled out the pancake mix, my warm bed still calling to me. Jefferson came in the door and said his pig couldn't stand, was squealing, and had little drops of blood on his back. (Internal groan, there goes the warm bed). Of course, dad is on his way to work. I went to the pen in my jammies, robe, and slippers to find the pig as he said, only I noted that he was also breathing heavy. He was acting just like he had sunburn. Hmm.
I made some calls, blah, blah, blah and we decided it is sunburned. Amid my making breakfast (forget getting back to sleep), helping with lunches, calling around about swine health, Jefferson put up more sunshade tarp and put aloe vera on his piggie. The really bad thing about all of this is that we are taking the pigs to the fair in two days, and they go to market in four. Will it even be able to walk then? We don't know. Fortunately we have an alternate.
I just said to Bret the other day. "I don't want to buy a pig this year." (We are the default buyers when there is any pig crisis, but it seems like we get one every year anyway). This morning I had to call and tell him we may have to buy a pig after all. But I am hoping for recovery. I wonder if you can tap a pig? LOL! See the EFT link if that is confusing.
Now that I am completely awake, I am going to make jelly and try to finish a baby quilt. Happy sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment