Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Love in Her Eyes

IAT = I am thankful

For a blog. I really miss regular blogging.
For the event I attended last Saturday.
For new friends.
For the ability to learn and grow.
For being able to pray for others.

So, I went to a really cool networking event last Saturday. One of the speakers gave us the assignment to grab a partner, get 7 inches away from their face (awkward, choose someone who looks friendly) and stare into their eyes. It kind of looked like this. :-)


I'm just kidding! Because I DID in fact choose 3 friendly faces, it was a great experience. The purpose was to bring awareness to the fact that the people around us are angels with a divine nature. We were to express our love for the other person through our eyes only. It really looked more like this.


I had a very strange experience with the second person into whose eyes I was looking. (Yeah, that's a weird grammatically structured thought to attempt to express). I saw something in her eyes and I'm like, whaaaaaat?


So, I kind of in my head, do the double take, shake my head and look again. Wait. There it is again. Now I'm really confused. You really won't believe it.


I confirmed multiple times that I was actually seeing what I was seeing. What did I see? I kid you not. I saw this.


This beautiful, joyful woman whose eyes I was looking into, had HEART SHAPED pupils. Try to imagine what you would think or feel. Because I was thinking and feeling, "wait, am I seeing what I think I am seeing? Does she actually have heart shaped pupils? Maybe we are too close and I just need my glasses. No, there it is again. She really does have heart shaped pupils. Does SHE know she has heart shaped pupils? It HAS to be contacts. Yeah, that's it, it's contacts."

I had a part in the program later and she had a part in the program later. In her part, she mentioned something about her contacts and I thought "ok, I'm not going crazy, it's her contacts and how cool is that that she chose hearts for her pupils."

Only she didn't.

I couldn't resist talking to her after the meeting and asking her about her heart shaped pupil contacts. Of course, I also noticed at that moment that her pupils were just as ordinary as anyone else's. No, I was not on hallucination inducing drugs. Unless you call a protein shake a hallucinogen. I don't have an answer to why I thought I saw hearts in her eyes, but I know this. I SAW HEARTS IN HER EYES.

I don't know if it was love flowing from her heart, or from mine, or combined from both of us, or if it was a deeper spiritual message just to me, to see love in the eyes and hearts of others, but I'll be pondering it for some time I am sure. One of my NY goals is to see things clearly. Maybe seeing things through the lens of love is the best way to live your life. What do you think?
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment