for the opportunity to regularly review progress.
for inspiration and the ability to listen and learn.
for being able to choose and change.
for a day of rest.
for ham and potatoes, and cheese.
So two weeks ago? I started off with a goal list of sorts. Not a pile of resolutions to be done all at once. How am I doing with number 1? I've been up before six every morning I intended except 2 I think. I have a harder time being to bed by 10. I'll work on that more this week. I have improved a little bit being on time with more room to grow. I'll continue with that too.
So, the rest of my list for the year.
#6. Learning to listen and act on the spirit more. To learn better how it works and pay more attention to the still, small, voice that often whispers. And because of the chaos of noise around me, I sometimes do not hear. Or take the time for quiet moments to hear.
#7. These are all personal. Not business. #7 is organize my finances and the rest of my paper life. It is always a mess. Always overwhelming, and a constant challenge to keep track of it all.
#8. Improve my personal relationships. Evaluate how I can do better as a wife, mom, relative, friend. Be a better listener. Think of others more than my self.
#9. By this point, there should be some dramatic change in my business. But I want to spend this month evaluating what I have done and where I should improve or take direction.
#10. Plan my educational future. By this point, I should be finished or nearly so with the prerequisites needed for my masters degree that I want to pursue. Now I need to plan how to pay for it and when to begin and how to make it happen.
#11. Hmmmm, a break? No. All things spiritual. How is my relationship with God, am I continuing in gratitude, do I study His word each day. Do I ponder? Is number 2 and number 6 still working? Am I worshiping in places that are meaningful to me; church, temple, nature, quietude? Do I notice others?
#12. And finally, and purposely chosen for December, improving selflessness. I have two of the greatest examples ever in my life to follow, besides Jesus Christ. My dear husband, who will willingly set his own wants and needs aside for someone else in greater or even lesser need. And his dear mother, where he must have learned it from. Truly one of the kindest, most noble women I've ever known. It brings tears to my eyes to even think about it. I'm so lucky to have such a good example for my mother-in-law. And I want to do more of setting myself aside to make others comfortable as they have shown me in action rather than words.
And that's my very long list that I'll be referring to often to see how I can improve. Finishing this month with time, and moving on next month to my personal studies. I'd rather study than just about even breathe. :-) So, it needs a little reigning in. And that is my direction for 2014.
If you like this post, please share or comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment