Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Praise and Gratitude

IAT = I am thankful

1. Vehicles that work.
2. A home that is safe.
3. Friends who are there even if they don't realize it.
4. Surprises.
5. Work.

There's this little "B" movie that I love. It's called Facing the Giants. And it has several scenes that are thought provoking. I came to blog today with the words on my mind, "if we win, we praise Him, if we lose we praise Him." That's from the second clip I'm sharing. Then my mind immediately went to a song we sang when I was in choir in High School. "I will praise ye Oh Lord Among the People." It's now running in the back of my mind. I tried to find a clip of a choir singing it but can't, but that's what my heart is singing. I love the reminder from the movie, that praise and gratitude are in order no matter what. We can always find something to be grateful for. It's something I try to remind myself of daily. And then the Giants move in. You know the Giants? Fear, failure, doubt, and so forth. I love the idea of the Lord as a stronghold. A place that has been fortified with strength for protection. We can go to Him for that needed strength, defense, protection. I love this scene below.



And it reminds me of my favorite Psalm. My Granny taught me to love the Psalms. I love the 27th. When He is your light and strength, who really should you fear? In times of trouble he hides us in His pavilion and sets us on a rock. The whole chapter is filled with applicable wisdom for me in the last few years and right now. I just love it. Every time I read it.

And I'm a believer in faith being made manifest in action. When there are things I want to accomplish I try to remember to have faith but also not to just sit back and wait. Brigham Young said, (ok, I can't find it, I'll insert it later), but he basically said you can't pray for rain and not plant your fields or expect the Lord to plant the fields. And that idea is a part of this clip below. I love the idea of praying for rain and preparing fields. And open doors. And the Lord's timing.


Anyway, there's lots on my mind. But, in spite of my own "trials" I can think of ever so much I have to grateful for. 8 right off the top of my head. I love my family. I'm going to ignore the Giants.

If you like this post, please share or comment.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! You have a really neat talent to express with words a clear message. You inspire. (-: Rae

    ReplyDelete