A couple of weeks ago I read a post that gave me and many of other people a lot to think about. It was called I'm Christian Unless You're Gay.
Do I support the ACTIONS of that lifestyle? No. Do I think *I* am responsible for condemning it and ostracizing anyone who chooses it? Again, no. If Jesus did not come to condemn, (See John 3:17), then who am I to condemn? Will I teach my children right choices, commandments, etc? Yes. I am not saying you should not take whatever civic action you feel is your duty. I am simply speaking of the relationships we have with others. But if you fill in the blank with any sin or condition, you will see it does not hold up.
I'm Christian Unless You're Mormon. See my Mormon rant.
I'm Christian Unless You're an alcoholic.
I'm Christian Unless You're black.
I'm Christian Unless You have piercings and tattoos.
I'm Christian Unless You're atheist.
I'm Christian Unless You're low income.
I'm Christian Unless You're a drug addict.
I'm Christian Unless You're homeless.
I'm Christian unless you are fat.
See? Just doesn't make sense. We are to love our neighbors and every one of those categories, IS our neighbor if they are in our circle of influence. I am not saying it won't be sticky or messy or difficult, but why would any of those people mentioned above want to change or be the person YOU THINK they should be, if you hate them? Not very motivating. Love is one of the few things that can empower people to change. Or at least listen to your point. Besides, it is the challenges in life that give us opportunities to learn. Not to mention the fact, that judging gets you judged. So, if you are the king or queen of judging, you get exactly what you are condemning. Too bad for you.
Who knows if that person in your life is having that experience to learn something. Perhaps your treatment of them will lead to very different outcomes depending on whether it is dealt with love or hate.
Is it any wonder the rest of the world can't stand a lot of Christians?
This is Dan's most recent video post with responses from his I'm Christian post. I liked it.
If you like this post, please share or comment.

No comments:
Post a Comment