Monday, July 12, 2010

Church History day 1






Yesterday we left home and drove to Gilbert to stay with Bret's brother. We got up before 6am this morning and Joseph took us to the airport. We had a pleasant meet up with other couples we knew from previous teaching assignments. We had a long but good nearly 5 hour flight, almost flying from sea to shining sea. Our flight DID originate in San Diego.

I love looking out the window. It made me so happy to see all of the green once we flew past Texas. I was so grateful I am no longer afraid of flying (taking off, landing, turbulence) since EFT. We landed in Boston around 5pm and met up with all of the other couples. It was great to see more familiar faces and we are going to enjoy the week immensely. I can't remember the last time I sat by my husband for 12 hours in a row with ZERO interruptions.

We were only able today to see one of the Congregational churches that Aseal Smith worshiped at, two of the Smith properties lived on for 4 and 5 generations with the original well still onsite, and a Smith monument in a very old cemetery.

Highlight of the day: time spent with good people and my good husband.

I'm excited about this week. Tomorrow, 6am-8pm, Mack, Hale, and Smith history sites in Vt, NY, & Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment