Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What *DO* I really want?

In my recent phone call with a Master Mind group I created, we discussed listing what we want. One of the participants said he is in another group being led by a BILLionaire. The billionaire in addressing what people want, gave the following challenge. Suppose money were not part of the equation. Suppose you had enough money for any and everything and you had any and everything that you wanted. Now. What do you want?

Well, I'll answer if I had nothing and money came to me first. I know what I want because I have it all out on a "vision" board on my computer. A beautiful home on a North facing lot. (I want to build one more house). A new truck for my hubby. A smaller car for me. A small tractor for my future gentleman farmer. An RV to take leisurely vacations when we want. Enough finances in the bank to live how we like, help who we like, travel how we like. Nothing fancy. Just what my Granny used to call, creature comforts.


So, if all that were out of the way and I had a cool million in the bank, here's what I'd really want.

I mostly want time.

Time to spend with my family.
Time to spend reading and learning.
Time to laugh and sing and dance and travel.
Time to pursue the spiritual things that are important to me.
Time to appreciate.
Time to give to and lift others.

Guess what? I already have all that. I am so blessed! If you don't know what you want, how can you ever get it? What do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment