Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's finally finished!





I am not a fast quilter. Maybe I am not really a quilter. 'Cause in my mind, a real quilter would stop all she was doing and quilt. Can I hear a collective laugh? I began choosing fabric and cutting squares last Summer for a baby to be, hoping for a girl, because I love purple. Her mom, even without an ultrasound, knew that this baby was a girl. So, I threw in just a little blue just in case.

The pictures are awful because I lost my camera and took these with my cell phone. But the quilt colors are so beautiful. My cousin promises to take pictures with her camera for me and I will replace these. I hope one of them will include the lovely baby who is now almost 6 months old. The cute floral fabric that you cannot see, is fabric given to me by my uncle that was my grandmother's. I thought since little Abby Kate never knew our Granny, it might be nice to sew a little bit of something from her as a reminder. And my Granny was a wonderful seamstress. She taught me how to sew.

It's a disappearing nine patch pattern. The quilt was quilted in a rose pattern by a friend and I think she did a lovely job. I hope you like it. I am now finally moving on to son #2's graduation quilt. He should be able to enjoy it for a couple of months just like son #1 did before going on his mission. We now enjoy it to remind us of him until he gets back. Then I'll let him have it for good. The quilt that is. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. Beautiful. To bad you can't bring it to quilt club. Maybe the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mailed it off to my cousin because it was for her baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to have a baby just so I can get one of these from you. Would that work???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, that would be pushing a friendship, but it might work. I only do it for very special people and you are pretty special.

    ReplyDelete