Saturday, January 24, 2009

The rest of the story--little ripples




This post keeps getting deleted, it must be important. :-)

We know that when we drop a pebble into water, that a ripple begins, which increases in size as it moves across the water. If we drop two pebbles near each other, the ripples flow into each other, each effecting the rings of ripples. I believe that every thought and action we create, has a ripple effect, not only on ourselves, but on the lives of those around us. Just like the two pebbles, our thoughts and actions can effect others.

I mentioned someone difficult in the life of one of my children in my last post. I find it so interesting that there has been a major shift in this person since we decided to laugh. There have been other positive experiences in the group my child is involved with and perhaps those have come together to also help. But, I have to wonder, could if have all begun with our changing our thought and dropping a laughter pebble into the pond? Most people would probably dismiss it. No, you can't change others, win games, effect relationships with the change of one thought. Maybe not. But it certainly is something to ponder.

"Our life is what our thoughts make it. A man will find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter towards him."

James Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment